Austin Truck Accident Lawyers
As Austin’s oldest and most established personal injury law firm, we have been handling truck crashes for six decades. Put our decades of experience to work for you.
The people who suffer the most severe injuries in commercial truck accidents are not the truck drivers but the victims who are in the other vehicles involved in the truck crash.
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety reports that out of the nearly 4,000 people who died in the U.S. in truck accidents during one recent year:
- 69 percent were car and other passenger vehicle occupants
- 15 percent were pedestrians, motorcyclists or bicyclists
There is a reason for this: The tractor-trailers (or 18-wheelers) we encounter on our roads are massive. They often weigh 20 to 30 times as much as passenger vehicles. They also have greater ground clearance. Smaller vehicles can readily “underride” a semi when a crash occurs.
As we have seen at Byrd Davis Alden & Henrichson, LLP, most of these commercial truck accidents should never happen in the first place. They result from careless decisions made by truckers, trucking companies and others in the trucking industry.
We Protect The Rights Of Austin Commercial Truck Accident Victims
Our personal injury lawyers help truck accident victims and their families in Austin and throughout Texas hold negligent parties accountable. We are committed to aggressively pursuing all compensation our clients are due.
Our personal injury firm offers experienced litigators who are well-versed in the many complex issues involved in commercial truck accident cases. We bring more than 60 years of personal injury and wrongful death law experience to the clients we serve and a record of delivering positive results.
Our truck accident lawyers have received high praise, accolades and ratings from Martindale-Hubbell, Texas Super Lawyers in Texas Monthly magazine, Best Lawyers in U.S. News & World Report, and others. We encourage you to read their profiles and learn more about their highly professional, compassionate and ethical approach to serving clients.
If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a collision with a commercial truck, we want to help you. Taking immediate action is crucial. Commercial trucking accidents require swift action to safeguard important evidence, including inspections of the vehicles involved before they can be tampered with. Connect with us today for a consultation. We can discuss your case at our Austin office by phone or at a location that is most convenient for you.
Truck Accident Case Testimonial
“I hired Don to represent my three-year-old son who sustained a permanent brain injury resulting from a collision between an automobile and a passenger bus. In what became a rather complicated case, which eventually went to trial after several years, Don displayed the knowledge, ethics and passion for which he is known.”
— Raif C, bus accident client
How Can Our Attorneys Help After A Crash With 18-Wheeler?
Our experience with cases involving large commercial trucks and 18-wheelers makes a difference for our clients. There are many causes of trucking accidents in Texas. We understand the many challenging aspects of these cases, including:
- Types of accidents — Unlike collisions that involve two passenger vehicles, underride crashes (where the car goes beneath the trailer) and jackknife accidents (where the trailer spins away from the tractor at an angle) can occur when one of the vehicles is an 18-wheeler.
- Immediate investigation — You must act quickly to preserve, gather and analyze evidence after a truck accident. This evidence can include photos from the accident scene, black box data, driver logbooks, inspection and maintenance records, and the tractor-trailer itself. Driver’s drug and alcohol test results must also be preserved.
- Involvement of multiple parties — In addition to the truck driver, many other parties may be responsible for an 18-wheeler crash such as the trucking company, mechanics, warehouse operators, shipping brokers and truck manufacturers. A claim must identify all these parties, including those based in different states or countries.
- Violations of state and federal regulations — A complex network of state and federal rules governs the trucking industry in Texas. Many of these regulations are designed to prevent accidents, such as rules that require mandatory inspections or limit the number of hours that drivers can be on the road. A violation of these rules may establish negligence in a commercial truck accident claim.
- Commercial driver insurance policies — Texas law and federal law set higher minimum liability insurance requirements for commercial motor vehicles. The limits are significantly higher if a truck carries hazardous materials.
The accident lawyers of Byrd Davis Alden & Henrichson, LLP, will use their skill, knowledge and resources to tackle these issues and pursue maximum compensation for you and your family through a truck accident settlement or verdict. We may also consult with highly qualified experts in accident reconstruction, engineering, trucking industry safety standards and other fields.
What Compensation Can You Recover In A Texas Truck Accident Lawsuit?
Truck Accident Injuries
Because of the huge discrepancy in size and weight between large commercial trucks and passenger vehicles, victims of large truck accidents can suffer serious or fatal injuries. Common truck accident injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Back and neck injuries
- Head and brain injuries
- Internal injuries
- Rib and torso injuries
- Seat belt injuries
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
At Byrd Davis Alden & Henrichson, LLP, we understand the severe impact of these injuries on victims and their families. We want to help them move on with their lives with a feeling of security.
Truck Accident Cases
In your truck accident case, we can seek damages that may include compensation for:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Loss of income
- Diminished earning capacity
- Physical pain and suffering
- Physical impairment
- Physical disfigurement
- Wrongful death damages
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
- Punitive damages
We prepare cases for success in the courtroom. When the other parties in a truck accident case see that we are ready to win in court, we believe, they will be more likely to offer a settlement that justly compensates our client.
Our Austin Truck Accident Lawyers Are Ready To Help You
If you have been seriously injured or lost a loved one in a traffic crash with a large commercial truck, it is important to consult with a skilled and knowledgeable Austin truck accident lawyer as soon as possible.
When you work with Byrd Davis Alden & Henrichson, LLP, you will receive personal attention directly from your attorney. You can count on our firm to work diligently in the pursuit of a favorable outcome for you and your family.
We founded our firm 60 years ago on the principles of honesty, integrity, hard work and professionalism. We continue that tradition today.
Contact us to discuss your case in a timely consultation.